Give them a try and then comment below to tell me how they turned out!!!
Here is all you need:
- 6 egg whites
- 1 box flavored gelatin (this was strawberry flavor)
- Just over 1 cup sugar
VARIATION: If you don't want them a certain flavor, just omit the gelatin and use 1 1/2 cups of sugar! :) Still awesome!
1. Boil water in a saucepan on the stove, turn to simmering. Place a glass mixing bowl on top of the pot making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. If it does, carefully pour some of the water out.
2. Add the 6 egg whites to the bowl.
3. Pour the gelatin into a 1-cup measuring cup. Fill the rest of the one cup with the white sugar. Add it to the egg whites.
4. Add an additional 1/2 cup of white sugar to the egg whites. Whisk all together.
6. Remove the mixture from the heat.
7. Beat the mixture on high for approximately 10 minutes. This is where it will get really "fluffy" and, in this case "glossy" because of the gelatin. Make sure there are "stiff peaks" like this before you stop.
8. Gently spoon the mixture into a pastry bag with a star tip. Or, you can just use a Ziploc bag and snip off the tip! You will have a smoother, rounder look.
9. Place parchment paper (foil works, too) on a baking sheet. Pipe out whatever design you wish to make your cookies. I experimented and came up with a heart, some squiggly things and some circles! :)
10. Bake at 210 degrees (F) for anywhere between 45 minutes and 1 1/2 hours. This will greatly depend on how large your cookies are and the humidity of where you are when you bake them. Mine took just over an hour. The key is that you DON'T want them to turn colors, you just want them to dry out. You can begin to feel when they become less sticky and harder by gently and carefully touching them after about 45 minutes.
11. ENJOY! You can dip these in chocolate, sprinkle them with powdered sugar, whatever you want to do! The possibilities are endless and so are the flavors!
So how did you like them? Let me know! Don't forget to share, tweet and PIN for later! :)
Check out some of my other easy recipes:
- Crock Pot Dulce de Leche (Caramel)
- Crock Pot Applesauce
- Salsa Chicken Thighs
- Broccoli Cheese Soup