Busy Mom Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe! Quick & Cheap!

'Tis the season for the sneezin'!!! :)

I have been sick for quite a few days now and this soup sounded so good to me! I needed some comfort food, but everyone else got to go to church...I was left to fend for myself! Thank goodness it was easy! :) It's also real quick if you are in a hurry for a last-minute meal!


Here's all you'll need:

- (3) Broccoli Crowns ($1.58 @ Walmart for all these)
- (3) Cans Chicken Broth (can't remember...like .60 each?)
- (1) 8 oz Velveeta ($2.59 with my catalina) or use Cheez Whiz
- (4) cups Milk (.89 worth for me)
- (6) tbsp. Flour (maybe .20 worth?)
Total: under $7 at the most...approximately 10 servings!


 
First, bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot while you chop your broccoli.
 I like bite-sized pieces!


Add your broccoli to the pot and simmer until broccoli is tender.
 
 
In a different bowl whisk flour into milk. Then whisk that mixture into the simmering pot. Stir frequently for 5 minutes until soup thickens.
 

Add the cheese and turn heat to low, stirring occasionally until the cheese melts!

That's it! And it is SOOOOO yummy! I made a ham sandwich to go with it...a complete AND easy AND cheap meal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment