Sugar Free, Low Carb, Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies!



As a mom, I am always looking for healthier options of the foods I love to indulge in...well, maybe I'm not ALWAYS looking for healthier, but you get my drift! :)

Peanut butter cookies are one of my favorite indulgences and this recipe is one I can feel better about when I eat the whole batch...oops, I mean when I eat a few of them! My friend, Mikki, reminded me of this recipe last year...I had forgotten that we used to have them as kids all of the time until I found the recipe in my recipe collection! (OK, that shows you how often I actually cook from my recipe collection...the internet is so much faster!) Nevertheless, these are FANTASTIC and, I think, just as good as the "real" version!



Here it goes...super simple!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and combine in a bowl: (I just use a spoon!)
 
-1 egg
-1 cup Splenda (or sugar if you want)
-1 cup peanut butter
-1 tsp vanilla extract

These will appear a little sticky after mixing, but will roll into a nice little ball for you. I get about 16 cookies out of one batch. Take your fork and just press it down slightly to make the cute little design on top!

Bake for about 10-12 minutes at 350. I took mine out at 10 minutes because I am ALWAYS burning things. I let them sit on a cookie sheet to cool because they will continue to bake a bit that way.  

I wouldn't wait to watch them turn golden brown, they don't change color much and they aren't "stiff" to touch when they are ready to come out of the oven. They continue to harden a bit.

This is also a great recipe for kids! Me and my 17 year-old 6 year-old helped me with this one!

I'd love to hear your kid-friendly recipes...
Shoot me an email at jesusandcouponsdotcom @ gmail .com!


24 comments:

  1. I'm trying to figure out the nutrition info. How many cookies does this make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried this recipe and my cookies literally disintegrate everytime I touch them, into fine crumbs. What did I do wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add some cream of tarter it will help the not crumble so bad. You will need to let them completely cool. Be sure to spray your pan with some Pam before baking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine fell apart to, even trying to move them from the pan to the cooling rack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can they be sugar free if they have peanut butter in them? Peanut butter has sugar in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get natural peanut butter with no sugar added.

      Delete
  6. not sure what i'm doing wrong but after 9 min these are both raw on the inside and burnt on the outside :'(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these with 1/3 cup of Stevia and added 1/2 cup of gluten free flour, they were delicious, still very crumbly though, best eaten straight from the ice box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took your idea of 1/3 cup stevia and 1/2 cup coconut flour and I added 1/4 cup melted butter. Helped keep them together. I baked about 8 minutes. Turned out pretty good.

      Delete
  8. Thank you ladies,for taking the time to note your results. As busy moms, we need reliable info, not just another message to clean up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Sorry I don't know how to count carbs

      Delete
    2. Eggs have 2 carbs, no carb in Stevie and all natural peanut butter has 32 net carb. Nothing in vanilla extract. So the net amount of carbs is depending on how many cookies you make.

      Delete
    3. Eggs have NO carbs

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to say I love these. I've had this article saved on pinterest for over a year now and make then regularly. I've never had a problem and they're are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've made these for years, using sugar and never had a problem with them falling apart. I'm curious if it's the Stevia. I'm going to try with Stevia and see how they come out. It's been over 20 years since I've made this recipe. They were always good and super simple to make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is always difficult to do the baking of the gluten free backed goods as it is so different from the normal cooking. Similarly it is also difficult to get use to the taste which is also so much different than the usual baked items.

    ReplyDelete