- Drinks - Are you a fan of coffee, wine, tea or soda? Prepare to be yellowed! So many drinks are acidic and can open the enamel up to being stained. Make sure to at least rinse your mouth after eating or drinking anything if you can't brush.
- Foods - So many foods can stain your teeth! Berries, pickles, ketchup and potatoes are just a few!
- Poor Hygeine
- Age (let me know if you find the antidote for this!!!
The strips from Walmart I used were $40!!! Really? AND I got a mouth full of goop and saliva with really no results! Ick!
So, what can we do to make our teeth snowy white again WITHOUT breaking the budget?
"I know, I know, pick me!!!!" :)
After trying a few different recipes and trying them out with my family, I found this combination to work AND feel the best on my teeth after using!
*As with all whitening products, teeth sensitivity can occur, especially if you already experience it. I have not personally be affected by it, so I can not comment on the sensitivity issue. If you are super-sensitive, I would suggest consulting your dentist before using anything.
The best thing about this is that it is SO cheap! I had all of the ingredients already! But, if you don't have ANY of them, then #1, I am sure your teeth are SUPER yellow...and #2, it would only cost about $4 to make! That's including the toothpaste!
OK, OK, where's the recipe already?!
Here is what you need to do for snowy white teeth!!!
1. Squirt some toothpaste into a small cup or dish. Use about the amount you would normally use on your toothbrush.
2. Add the following and stir:
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide
- 1/2 teaspoon of water
I was so excited to feel like I just stepped out of the dentist office, you know that feeling! :)
So, I am curious as to who else has tried this recipe? I would LOVE your feedback and even pictures if you are so brave! :)
Like the idea of snowy white teeth? Share on your FB page or tweet and pin for later!
Enjoy your silky-smooth pearly whites! :)
Don't forget to check out my list of other DIY Money Savers!