DIY Easter Egg Colors - and a Gift!


Yes, we are having a great time looking at all of these recipes for all-natural ways to dye Easter eggs this season.  But, I have to be honest, I am not obsessed with this all-natural stuff. If I can make it happen, great. If not, I don't freak out.  So, this is not in the all-natural category. This is more of the time and money-saving category :)



I was a bit stressed because I had gotten sick the week of the free Easter egg dye kits at Rite Aid. (Not that a buck is a big deal, I was stressed because I forgot to even get a kit!!)  Anyhow, I remembered a recipe I saw last year...and I tried it from memory. I don't even know what the other recipe was as far as drops, etc. But this worked GREAT for us!




Just grab your vinegar that we are all now cleaning with! (Check out my cleaning posts here!)  :) In each cup, put in just 3 drops of food coloring.  I suppose you could use more, this is just what I started with.  Add 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of warm water and gently mix. That's it!!!

I was tempted to try a different way of doing so with onion peels, carrots, raspberries, etc. But, for me, this was about saving time and money.  My 12 drops of food coloring that I use for everything was totally cheaper since I didn't have all of those foods already.  And, I wanted to get it done without a trip to the store. I just didn't have those little color tablets!


These colors came out great! I wish my camera was better so that you could see how vibrant they are. We still love the old "white-crayon-surprise" look to the eggs because it brings back memories of coloring them with our own parents.  To go along with our De-Cluttering series, we chose not to get all stressed out about how "beautiful" the eggs came out. We focused on having fun with the kiddos and just enjoying the moment.  That's what it's all about, right? Ahhh. Cutting out the crap.

Speaking of "what it's all about", I guess that is what Easter represents. Actually, that IS what Easter represents.  For us, it is the most important holiday ever!  What greater thing could have been done than to have our creator join us here on earth, suffer just as we do (except worse), and then choose to die for us so that we may live forever? Do you know anyone who would do that? Good golly, I am WAY too selfish to ever consider giving my life for the ungrateful sinners that we all are!  What other gift could we ever want more than eternal life? 

There is nothing that I would rather have and therefore, I need to use this precious life I have been given to do HIS work, not mine.  I realize that many of you may not appreciate this gift, just as I did not for a long time.  But, since this blog is about sharing, I feel that I need to share the best part of my life with you - Jesus.  HE is the answer to our difficulties, especially when you feel like there is no way out.  

As you probably know by now, my daughter Ella passed away in 2008.  Before then, I was living for me, myself and I. I wanted the big house, the nice car, the perfect kids and tons of money in the bank.  I would have traded it all (except my kids) if I could just get her back. In that worst moment of our lives, my husband and I found our way back to Jesus. He was all we had to lean on. And He WAS there for us. I would not be here today without him.

Now, my life is not perfect, but it is SO much better than it would have been if I had continued on the path I was on. I can't stand the importance that we place on our money and material things.  Give me food, shelter and love and that is all that matters. I would live in a cardboard box if I had to-if that was God's plan.  My little human brain has no idea how to navigate this world on my own. No one can do it on their own. We think we are super-human. And that is what is wrecking this world.

I pray that all of you find Him this Easter if you are searching for your purpose.  We talked a lot about that in our De-Cluttering and Organizing posts. He is the only answer and I would be selfish to not share Him with you.

God bless you this Easter.  I love my readers so much...and so does Jesus! <3


***Check out my other posts about spring cleaning and organizing if you haven’t already!


Don't forget to follow me: FacebookTwitter and Pinterest!


No comments:

Post a Comment