Super Easy Recipe - Spinach Bake!



If you know me personally, you know that I am not a great cook, nor do I pretend to be! Therefore, I get SUPER excited when I can make something that tastes GOOD and won't break my budget!

Here is a recipe I cooked up with some ingredients that were super cheap these last few weeks!


  • 1# Perdue Ground Chicken (last week for $1.99 after $2.00 off freshness peelie)
  • 1 Jar Pasta Sauce - This Ragu cost me .87 a while back, but is on sale at Tops this week for $1.67!
  • 1 Brick Cheese (shredded or crumbled if from freezer) - This cost me .99 about 3 weeks ago
  • 1/2 container (8 oz) Sour Cream - $1.49?, so .75 for half- Walmart with NO coupon - GASP!
  • 1 Green Giant Spinach - .66 and is on sale this week at PC for $1.50 , there is a .60 off 3 coupon in one of the inserts from a few weeks ago.
  • 1 Box Vegetable Pasta - .50, on sale for $1 without coupons at PC for the other Ronzoni kinds.
Total cost: $5.75!!! This fed my family of 4 with plenty of leftovers!

This is SUPER simple, you ready?

1.  Cook separately the chicken, spinach and pasta according to packages. I salt and pepper my chicken when browning it.

2.  Rinse pasta in cold water and put in large pot to mix. Add cooked chicken, pasta sauce and drained spinach. Mix thoroughly.

3.  Add 8 oz of sour cream and 4/5 of the cheese. Mix again and pour into casserole dish.

 
4.  Top with the rest of the cheese and bake at 350 for one hour.


It is such a healthy, easy and cheap recipe! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment