DIY Boutique Lamp Shade



Here is a great way to get the higher-end "boutique" look when it comes to decorating! I LOVE the look of the unique "frilly" decorating items when it comes to kids' rooms. I was trying to find a one-of-a-kind lamp for my daughter's bedroom, but I was not willing to pay the one-of-a-kind price!
 
Here's what I came up with instead:
 
 
BEFORE
 
First, I found some bunches of flowers that were on sale and chopped the heads off! This project will probably work best with smaller flower heads like these.  Then, I took a boring white lampshade (find at your local Wally World-like store) and found my hot-glue gun...

 
HIGH-END LAMP LOOK
 
And, voila! I started at the top with just a dab of glue at the back of the flower head and worked my way down after completing one full row around the shade. That's all it took to complete this BEAUTIFUL one-of-a-kind look for your child's bedroom. I wish the photo would show how gorgeous this was when it was plugged in...darn camera! :)  These would make great gifts, too!
 
Have you done a DIY project that you'd like to share? Email me at: jesusandcouponsdotcom @gmail.com
 
Like this idea? Pin it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment