Cheater Cookies - My Favorite Recipe!

Yep, another post for those who don't like to bake, like me! :) I started using this recipe about 2 years ago because I had to make a bunch of cookies for a bake sale. I had NO time to do it, but we women say "yes" to everything, right?


These cookies are SO easy and I compare them to sugar cookies. They are a bit sweeter, but you can frost them, add different flavors, top them with chocolate chips, coconut...whatever your taste!

I also like them because they taste great all by themselves...for the "I-don't-have-time-to-bake" times! This cost me about $1.35 for the whole batch with Walmart standards:)



Here is what you need to get started:



-1 box of cake mix (I love the yellow best, but this is white. White is sweeter.)
-2 eggs
-1/2 cup of oil

Guess what you do? Just mix them together, drop some onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes! WOW! Shortest recipe ever!

Here is what they look like when you drop them in spoonfuls:

 
I am not Fancy Nancy by any means, so I don't care if they are amoeba shaped! They do smooth out somewhat, but you could use a small melon scoop if you want them pretty! :)

I made 23 cookies with this and they were a decent size. The thing to remember is that you don't really want them to turn golden brown. They can change from perfectly done to burnt in a jiffy!

I gently "touch" the top of the cookie to see if it is hard enough. You don't want a gooey cookie or one that breaks, but they aren't as good when they are dark brown.  I find that if I take them out when they are just slightly soft and leave them on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes or so, that they are perfect!

Here is what they look like when they are "done".



They are just ever-so-slightly golden colored. Even though the mix was white when I started, the egg gave it this golden color, not really the result of browning much.

Anyway, I would LOVE it if you shared your easy cookie recipes! I have to make a bunch for my aunt's benefit next month! :)

Thanks again for looking and I hope you enjoyed this post! Don't forget to pin me and share on Facebook!

Also, check out my other Busy Mom Recipes while you are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment