Walmart - Clearance, Think outside the box!


If you know me, I am not a huge fan of Walmart's clothing. BUT, with kids, they grow so quickly that they usually hold up for the season that they wear them! I also stock up on necessities (like the tights above) when they are on clearance.

Yesterday, I found some cute deals for my 6-year-old! They had LOTS of T-shirts and sweatshirts for kids. They also had some shoes, sneakers, etc. as they usually do.

Here's just an example of how I think "outside the box" when I shop...

I got this pink Hanes hoodie for my daughter to throw on when we go for walks in the spring. It was $3.00 marked down from $8.47! AND I plan on embellishing it with an iron-on applique such as these:

You can pick these up at stores like JoAnn Fabrics and Walmart. I go to JoAnn's and use my 40-50% off coupons...that will make the entire sweatshirt under $5.00!!! You can even pick up Disney ones like the one on this hat that I made for our Disney cruise last year!


Think of the savings that could add up by making your own "Disney Clothes"! :) I'll have to do a DIY tutorial on that sometime...


Anyhow, I also got the tights for just $2.00 each and the green and purple long-sleeved T-shirts for $3 each. They were mared down from $6.47 and $5.88! My daughter hates green, so I got the green one for her to wear on St. Patty's Day as she is mostly Irish and by golly, she is wearing GREEN! :)  And, she loves butterflies and purple...and she is getting bigger! Got the next size up!

So, when it comes to shopping for kids' clothing, I shop out of necessity and common sense. I will NOT spend $30 on a pair of jeans she will wear for just 3 months...to me that is crazy! And, think OUTSIDE the box, seeing clothing for what it COULD be! Just my FYI!

No comments:

Post a Comment